Five Ways to Ruin a Perfectly Good School Day . . . and Five Ways to Turn It Back Around!
Five ways to ruin it . . .
– Sleep in
– Don’t eat breakfast
– Eat breakfast, but don’t clean it up
– Attempt the day in your own strength
– Quit when it’s not going well
And five ways to turn it back around…
– Ask God for His strength – 2 Corinthians 12:9 “…my strength is made perfect in weakness…”
– Model diligence – Proverbs 13:4 “The soul of a lazy man desires and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.”
– Check your priorities – Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
– Find joy – Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
– Remember the reasons you home school – James 4:7 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” And Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
At the end of the day, you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart, or what’s holding you together. It’s Jesus that gives grace, strength, and the desire to do it again tomorrow! Philippians 2:13.